Experienced Pennsylvania Family Law Attorney
CALL 412-371-4500 FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Welcome to the library!
The articles below offer practical information about various aspects of family law in Pennsylvania. Please feel free to browse. We are highly experienced at helping spouses and parents through some of the most difficult times of their lives. Office consultations are available. These articles are offered for informational purposes only, and should not be construed either to create a lawyer/client relationship with Pittsburgh Family Law Services, P.C. or any attorney associated therewith, or to be a substitute for legal advice offered by a professional who is aware of the details of your situation and of your goals.
I am unemployed because of COVID-19. Do I still have to pay alimony?
- How to survive your separation from your spouse
- Dealing with separation
- How can we afford to separate?
- The $75 Pennsylvania uncontested no-fault divorce
- The change to Pennsylvania divorce law, and what it means to you
- Divorce: some questions and answers
- How long will my divorce take, if we both want it?
- How long will my divorce take, if my spouse won’t agree?
- I got served with divorce or custody papers in PA. What do I do?
- Going viral: COVID-19 and your custody order
- Child custody in Pennsylvania
- Navigating extracurricular activities in your custody case
- School choice disputes: where will your child go to school?
- Pennsylvania child custody law is changing: can grandparents and non-parents still file?
Support, alimony and property distribution
- I am unemployed because of COVID-19. Do I still have to pay alimony?
- Paying child support in Pennsylvania: a survival guide
- How to calculate the amount of child support in Pennsylvania
- Is there alimony in Pennsylvania? You bet!
- Dividing marital property in divorce: whose “mine” is it, anyway?
- Know what you owe!
Finding and working with a lawyer
- How to find a good divorce lawyer in Pennsylvania
- What should I expect from my family law and divorce attorney?
- What are retainers, and why do lawyers charge them?
- On being a lawyer of good reputation, and why that matters
- To a lawyer, surprises are never pleasant!
- Riding the tiger: the cost of divorce
- Some questions to ask, before you file that cheap divorce!
Going to court
- Testifying as a witness in family court: everything you need to know
- Fighting your case in court
- Seven things to avoid when going to court
- Fighting for justice in divorce court
- But enough about me… let’s talk about YOU
- Arthur’s Axe: a Lawyer’s Tale
- Harvest Day: a Lawyer’s Tale
- Fourteen lines of parting
If you need legal assistance with your divorce or family law matter in Southwestern Pennsylvania, call us to set up a personal consultation at our Pittsburgh family law office. Check back for additional articles.